Monday, 28 January 2013

Soy Candles

I recently discovered that burning regular candles can lead to lots of health problems, such as cancer, eczema  and so on. Most candles are made  from paraffin, which is made from the gunk at the bottom crude oil, this stuff don't sound good. For more information about that click here.

My point is not about how bad these paraffin candles are, it is about how I discovered my love for soy candles. When I discovered that paraffin candles weren't great I searched for an alternative and discovered soy candles, but they were awfully expensive and I couldn't really afford one.

Eventually, by chance I saw loads of soy candles in TK MAXX, I was so happy because they were only about £6 rather large and in a wide range of scents or as I like to think of them Flavours. I have Two now: a very small vanilla cupcake flavour one and a sea glass flavoured one.

They smell really nice and when burnt the smell fills the room; I often found that with paraffin candles the smell wouldn't fill the room and would simply be non-existent once it was being burnt. I much prefer the soy candles to the other ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment